About Me

My photo
I am a bohemian nomad, someone who acts and lives free of regard for conventional rules and practices, but also one who moves according to the seasons. After traveling to over 100 countries and all 7 continents over the past 12 years I feel that I truly subscribe to the words of Mary Poxon, who said. "I sought to see the amazing as normal and the daily as unique, and in that swirling paradox I found the joy of travel." I will be forever in pursuit of new sights and adventures and hope that maybe I can convince a few more to give budget travel a chance. Budget travel gives those with little money an opportunity to travel and those with money an opportunity to travel longer.

Thursday, October 22, 2020

EGYPT, Luxor (East Bank), Luxor Temple

 October 19, 2012

Waited until 1 pm, hottest part of the day, to walk the 35 minutes to the Luxor Temple. Very few taxi drivers, horse carriage drivers or salesman at that time of day compared to rest of day. I was only Tourist  in the Luxor Temple for the 1st 45 minutes I was there. A few more tourists arrived as I was beginning to leave.

Of the more than 700 human-headed, lion-bodied statues that once lined the Avenue of Sphinxes between the Temples of Luxor and Karnak, around 60 still remain. The Avenue of the Sphinxes is where my photos begin.







































No comments:

Post a Comment

EGYPT, Cairo (Great Pyramid and Sphinx)

  October 17, 2012 Up 2 am, shuttle to Istanbul airport at 2:45 am and then flight to Cairo at 6:45 am. Need sleep, but stuff to see. Hired ...